JOB TITLE: Local Retrofit Champion
ROLE: The community liaison and coordinating the support activities of the Community Led Home Retrofit
Awareness Raising and Training project for Leitrim and Sligo. The wider project will cover the Border Region in partnership with other Local development Companies and ATU Sligo.
REPORTS TO: CEO of Leitrim Development Company or delegate. This is a joint project with Sligo LEADER Partnership and the role will cover Leitrim and Sligo
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: The community liaison and coordinating the support activities of the Community ledHome Retrofit Awareness Raising and Training project by means of some or all of the following:
- Good interpersonal skills, including ability to liaise with a wide range of professionals on an interagency basis and build and maintain effective working relationships. Collaborate with SECs on local homeowner engagement
- Coordinate and facilitate local community events, e.g. training workshops, meet the buyer events, application workshops
- Reporting on project progress to LDC and project steering committee
- Maintaining local & social media activity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 2 years’ experience in community / rural / economic development (may include voluntary work)
- High level of IT proficiency
- Demonstrable experience of delivery of community development initiatives
- Strong administrative skills
- Full clean driving license and access to a car.
- Consent to be Garda Vetted.
- Excellent standards of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to be proactive, use own initiative and work effectively.
- Positive and flexible approach to the work.
- Excellent written communications skills, including ability to draft summary
- information and correspondence.
- Primary degree in a community / energy/ economic development related field, or similar.
- Past experience of supporting/delivering similar projects desirable.
Terms & Conditions:
- Fixed term one year and whole-time subject to funding. A probationary period of 6 months will apply.
- Salary: €35,000.
- 22.5 days’ annual leave in addition to statutory public holidays and as may be provided for under the Organisation of Working Time Act, 1997
In order to apply, please submit a letter of application and a current Curriculum Vitae, by email stating Local Retrofit Champion to email@example.com by 5pm on Weds 21st of August 2023. Shortlisting will apply.