Job Title: Multi Task-Assistant
Role: Employed as Multi Task Assistant
Reports to: Older Persons Services Coordinator
Address of work: Carrigallen Health Centre, Carrigallen, Co. Leitrim.
Contract Type: This will be a contract for 12.5 hours per week, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervising and supporting Older People as they attend the Day Service
- Assisting with taking Older People to the toilet
- Serving hot meals and refreshments to Day Service users
- Delivery of Meals on Wheels to older people (Travel expenses will be payable)
- Cleaning day room kitchen, toilet and bathroom before and after use by the Day Service
- Facilitating occupational activities, such as gentle exercises and bingo.
- Completing relevant paperwork and records, as required by the HSE & Leitrim Development Company, such as end of month returns, temperature checks and cleaning rota.
- Collecting and recording money from Day Service Users for Meal, Meals & Laundry.
- Undertaking any relevant training, as requested.
- Any other duties that may be required while on the job
Qualification & Person Specification:
- FETAC Level 5
- Healthcare support Major Award (Essential)
- Have undertaken other relevant training (Desirable)
- Full clean driving license & use of own vehicle (Essential)
- Have experience of working with older people (preferable)
- Have excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic, patient and hardworking
- Work well on their own initiative & as part of a team
- Garda Vetting will apply
- Required competencies for position.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Planning & organisational skills
- Teamwork and ability to work on own initiative
Hours: This post is 12.5 hours per week, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
Salary: The proposed rate of pay is €14.74 per hour.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV with a cover letter by email to email@example.com, referencing “Multi-task Assistant”, to arrive on or before 5pm on 11th April 2023.
Leitrim Development Company is an equal opportunities employer
This company receives grant aid from Leitrim Local Community Development Committee under the Rural Development Programme which is financed by the Irish Government under the Rural Development Programme Ireland 2014‐2023 and by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development: Europe investing in Rural Areas.The Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) 2018‐2022 is funded by the Irish Government through the Department of Rural and Community Development and co‐funded by the European Social Fund under the Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning (PEIL) 2014‐2020
Add a Comment