Leitrim Development Company wishes to recruit an Outreach Community Development Worker for South Leitrim under the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP). This will be fixed term contract for 14 hours per week for 10 months commencing in March 2022 to December 31st 2022.
- Promoting social inclusion in local communities through effective use of community development principles and practice
- Engaging and building the capacity of local community groups particularly those in disadvantaged areas
- Engaging and building capacity of SICAP target groups particularly priority groups for 2022 including new communities, Travellers and Long Term Unemployed
- Supporting local communities to address issues through community development initiatives
- Linking individuals and groups to resources available through LDC including SICAP, RDP, Tus, RSS, Community Employment
Responsible to: Social Inclusion ManagerLocation: Leitrim Development Company Office, Mohill, Co. Leitrim.
Hours of work: You will be required to work 14 hours per week with flexibility to carry out duties in evenings where necessary.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A relevant 3rd level qualification in Community development or a related discipline
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the area of Community Development in a similar role
- Excellent facilitation and organisational skills
- Be highly motivated, with the ability to work independently in a team setting
- A full clean driving licence and access to a car for work purposes
- Garda Vetting will apply
Job description is available here or on request at email@example.com. In order to apply please submit a letter of application and a current Curriculum Vitae, by email stating SICAP Outreach Community Development Worker to firstname.lastname@example.org Leitrim Development Company, Church St, Drumshanbo, Co. Leitrim by 12 noon on Wednesday 16th February. Shortlisting will apply.